Green Egg Style / Kamado Style Solid Plancha Griddle Insert
Arteflame Outdoor Grills
Fulfilled by our friends at Arteflame Outdoor Grills
Carbon Steel and Cast Iron are very similar. This is why both are very good for cooking and grilling. The main difference is that Carbon Steel contains about 1% Carbon while Cast Iron includes 2% - 3% Carbon. This difference might not sound like much, but the carbon affects the metal's grain structure.
When Cast Iron is heated unevenly, the heat differential causes stress in the metal as the thermal expansion is uneven. When this stress encounters a pocket of carbon, Cast Iron cracks. This is also why Cast Iron often breaks when it is dropped. The area of high carbon is exceptionally brittle and can't stand the shock.
In a grill, the heat is never uniform. This makes cast Iron a bad choice for grill inserts. For this reason, all Arteflame cooktops, inserts, griddles, and Burger Pucks are made of only Carbon Steel.
- 18" and 24" Green Egg Style inserts include 3" spacers to elevate the insert
- Use wood or charcoal
- Precision laser cut from solid US steel for ready to use food grade finish
- Virtually maintenance-free: 60 seconds clean up
- Cooktop seasons with use
- Made in USA, guaranteed not to break or crack
- *Grill NOT INCLUDED* with purchase
- Arteflame is not affiliated in any way with Kamado or The Big Green Egg Company.
Note: When the insert arrives, the cooktop will be silver (unseasoned). It will develop the dark black color shown in the images once used several times.